We don’t always do hauling. Did you know that we can perform a wide variety of removal services? This month we were hired by one of our customers’ building handyman to help remove a 1920’s boiler from a San Francisco apartment complex. Boiler removal can be a big job, especially in San Francisco. Here the spaces for the boilers can be tight, and the steep narrow streets are tricky to maneuver trucks and tools through. Not a problem for West Coast Junk!
Boiler Removal Includes Cutting up Heavy Steel
There are a lot of components to these old boilers: steam tubes, soot blowers, burners and other pipe systems that all intertwine and are made of heavy steel. The steel is super thick and heavy in order to handle all the pressure and heat from the steam, and it’s tough to get through. We came in with our tools and started cutting it into pieces to remove it safely.
Special Tools for this Boiler Removal in San Francisco
Watch out for the sparks that fly while cutting through the steel! Once we cut it in half, we started cutting it down further, and then were able to start hauling it out to the truck. Even when dismantled, each of the pieces of the boiler are extremely heavy and can require proper tools to get out of the building and off to a recycling yard. This boiler was in a basement and we had to take it up flights of stairs to get to street level.
Why Use West Coast Junk?
There are other junk removal companies out there if you’re just looking for the basics, so why should you call West Coast Junk before anyone else?
- Spend less time searching. Your time is valuable. We can promise you, we are the best company to handle your needs or we’ll make it right.
- We offer competitive rates. Unlike the bigger Franchise Company we are locally owned, that’s why we can give you the best prices.
- We show up on time and are very professional.
- We are efficient at what we do. We provide the best customer service possible.
- We are reliable you can count on us to always be there for you. You will never have a ‘no show,’ we always give courtesy calls.
- We provide free estimates with no obligations. If you feel we are not the company for you then you are welcome to call someone else of your choosing. No Hassle.
- Online booking even after hours. If you are not comfortable talking on the phone, then just book online. Fill out the form and one of our representatives will reply back at the earliest convenience.
If you need boiler removal in San Francisco, or anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area, or any junk pickup, debris removal, or demo help, give us a call at (925) 785-6726, or book online.